Saturday, February 27, 2010

Good Night!

Just finished an awesome worship time with the team.  Got to meet the team and hear their stories.  I already feel like I have known them for a while.  It's amazing the way each one came to be on this team...most in circumstances that only God could have worked out.  

Today was busy and full, traveling and getting settled in.  As I stop and reflect, my mind keeps going back to the people I met on the plane from St. Louis to Atlanta.  An amazing family that is struggling with several overwhelming problems in their life.   The incredible strength that it must take to face an uncertain future is unreal.  I told them I would keep them in my prayers and hope to re-connect with them in the future.  They were on their way to take a cruise while she still could.  I hope they have an awesome time.  One thing the man told me keeps running through my mind.  He said as hard as the future was to face, he wouldn't trade one moment of time with his wife.  Makes you think.  Sometimes you have to face pain in life .... but to not live life to the fullest and share that life with others is the greatest tragedy.   As the song says: you could miss the pain, but you'd also have to miss the dance.  This family's situation breaks my heart, but it also inspires me to do more, live more, love more and ask God to help me be all that He intended.

Looks like everyone is settling down for the night.  It's been a long day.  Gonna get up early and go running before church.  Hoping to catch the beautiful sunrise over the mountains.