Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't just do something....STAND THERE!

So the last two days have been phenominal!   I caught myself thinking that things were going too smooth.  You know that thing in the back of your mind thinking this is too good to be true?  Well last night and this morning, I found myself worrying about things that I have no control over and to be honest it was stealing my joy.  So I got up extra early and was reading and praying to put things in the proper perspective.  I went out for a walk and talk with God and was reminded of something I read a few weeks ago.  I tend to stay moving and busy all the time...always feel like I need to be doing something.  You've heard people say 'don't just stand there, DO something!'.  The devotion I read said "Don't just do something ...STAND THERE!".  So many times we get caught up in feeling like we need to do something, fix something, be something and often forget to just stand still and wait on God to show us what to do.  So this morning I just stopped at the bottom of the mountain and looked up and waited on God to speak - and He did.  He had something to tell me, but I was too busy doing my own thinking and analyzing to hear Him.  I was reminded of the song that my pastor's wife and my good friend Paula Richardson sings "Stand Still and Let God Move".  That is my prayer this morning for myself, the team and everyone reading this.  Just stand still for a moment and wait for God to show us what to do...in our plans, actions, reactions and especially our words. 

Can't wait to see what God has planned for today!