Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Patch Club and Gecko Poo

Tonight I shared my journey with with our 'Patch Club' children's ministry.  I tried to explain to them why I am leaving them and going to another country to serve where God is sending me.  I asked God this morning to help me leave some words with them that would be 'food for their journey'.  If I am not going to be here as they grow up, then I wanted to make sure that I still get to be an influence on them.  I talked about listening to God as they make their decisions for the future and how I had no idea as a child that this is what I would be doing now.   We talked about trusting God with their decisions and how He has a plan for their lives, as well as that of the children of Faith Home.  It got quite serious for a while as I fought back tears and assured them that I would find a way to 'skype' in and visit with them.
 
Finally, the mood lightened as the children asked questions and I tried to help them understand what it was like in Honduras.  I told about the scenery and the weather and then I talked about the geckos and the little 'presents' they often leave for us.  Miss Marcella had prepared cookies with chocolate sprinkles on them - which looked like gecko poo, so yeah, I used the comparison....the kids loved it!  What a memory for them...and for me.