Monday, October 8, 2012

Rest for your Soul

Some days seem incredibly long, filled with so many things that I wonder 'was this really just one day'?  Don't get me wrong, it's mostly good things, but just a lot.  The cool part of it, is God's amazing peace and blessings in every moment...when you look for them.  

Yesterday I felt it in the faces of the children as they recited their memory verses in Sunday School and in the sounds of the chatter of 100 people in the dining hall as we had my new favorite meal -tojadas.  When we were carrying things up the hill to the transition houses, I stopped (to breathe) and soaked up the smiling energy of Darwin, Josue and the others who eagerly helped us-they are all such a blessing!  

Sitting and visiting with the children yesterday afternoon,  I could see God's hand upon their hearts and lives.  Even late last night as God answered yet another prayer and brought one of our young men home safely from his job in San Pedro, I was energized by HIS peace.  

I returned home, tired and many thoughts running through my mind, looked at my phone to see the time and was reminded by my new screen background "Just Pray-God's got this!".

It doesn't matter how tired or busy you are, you can always count on God to give you rest in your soul...let him.  

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
~Matthew 11:28