Friday, November 9, 2012

The Spirit of the Lord is in this Place


When the Spirit moves, there is no denying His presence and tonight there was a fullness of God in the Chapel of Faith Home.  I have always loved Honduran worship, but now have a new appreciation for it as it is coupled with the incredible love for the children of Faith Home.  As we stood and sang praises, I looked around at these amazing children and could feel myself smiling from the depths of my heart.   Odalin was leading worship with Selvin, Henry, Jony & Karen. Jose Pacheco had moved from the back door to worship near Tio Marcos.  Johnny Pacheco was smiling and singing, German and Dago were clapping and even Giancarlo was standing.  All of this warmed my heart for various reasons, but when I looked across at Josue & Darwin, I couldn't hold back the tears of joy.  

As we entered church, Pastor Miguel had told me that Josue and Darwin had asked Christ in their heart.  Josue had made a decision soon after he arrived at Faith Home earlier this year, but said he wanted to do better and live for Christ.  Pastor Miguel said we would counsel and pray with them after church.  They were absorbing every part of the worship service with expectation.   During the sermon, Wilfredo talked about God making Joseph a leader and Josue looked at me and smiled. We both remembered a conversation we had last week.  I was talking to Josue about working hard in school and told him about one of the sessions at the GB Missions Summit in which they talked about identifying leaders among children.  Several of us looked at each other and said 'Josue' because he fit the description.  It seemed that tonight, God was using the sermon to confirm His calling on Josue.  

At the end of service, as we stood and prayed with the boys, I could feel God's spirit surrounding us and I was reminded once again that the Spirit of the Lord is in this place.   Sweet Darwin looked at me with tear filled eyes and I could see God's plans unfolding in him.  I know that God surrounds Faith Home with His peace and protection and He is touching hearts and changing lives.  What a blessing to be able to see it in the lives of these amazing children.  

What a mighty God!