Sunday, June 5, 2011

This Moment

I’m reflecting on an incredible week full of unforgettable moments in Honduras. Friday as I walked around absorbing the beautiful mountain landscape, I thought about all the things I had experienced this week. I thought of all of the ‘God moments’, when His presence was so real that I was afraid to move, afraid to lose that feeling. Repeatedly, God revealed Himself to me, the Hondurans, as well as the team.

As all those images flashed through my mind, I realized that each moment made me look for the next moment. Instead of being afraid to move and lose that moment, I should be eager to move and live the next moment. I want to experience every possible moment with God that I can. I want to be a part of what God is doing in the lives of others in THIS moment… the here and now.

I began to pray that God would give me those moments more and reveal Himself and His plan and that I would always be ready to give THIS moment to him.

In this moment, all that I give,
In this moment, the life that I live.
In this moment, in all that I do,
In THIS moment, Lord, I give it to you.

Hope for Tomorrow
As I was praying and singing, God affirmed my prayer by giving me another moment. A moment where time stood still as He revealed a young mother’s needs to me and gave me the words to speak to encourage and comfort her. That moment of watching her face change from desperation to hope, was a moment forever etched on my heart.

Sometimes I get caught up in looking for those exceptional moments. I get the feeling that God is preparing and equipping me for His extraordinary work in the future. That’s when I miss the here and now, THIS moment.

My life consists of millions of ‘moments’. I’ve had moments of sadness and disappointment, as well as moments of joy, laughter and fulfillment. I will have many new moments in my future with the opportunity to be the hands, feet and heart of Jesus. So has I reflect on the moments from the past awesome, God-filled week, and think about the moments of the future, I must remember the moment that matters the most…..THIS moment.