Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Heart of Anita Ford lives on….

Anita Ford was an amazing lady who served as a missionary in Honduras for many years. She had a heart for this country and a spirit of service that constantly amazed me. Even after she got sick, Anita’s heart was still in Honduras. The Honduras loved and respected her, as did anyone who knew her.

I was reminded of that this morning, as we worshipped in El Banano and I got to spend some time with Anita’s dear friend Isabel. With tear-filled eyes, Isabel shared with me about her memories of Anita and how she taught her so much about God and how to help and love others. Isabel said Anita loved her unconditionally and she would not have gotten through many hard times, without the wisdom and love Anita shared with her. Isabel wants to carry on some of the things that Anita started in Honduras and we prayed with her that she would have the courage and strength to do that. Anita was God’s heart to the people of Honduras and her heart lives on through the lives she touched.

Isabel's grandson
It is my prayer that I could help to carry on the work of Anita. I want to be God’s heart to the people of Honduras as she was. I want the Heart of Anita Ford to live on…..